Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help selecting a 3-in-1 sheet metal machine - Followup

On Nov 27, 12:09*pm, jon_banquer wrote:
On Nov 27, 8:04*am, Carla Fong wrote:

Darn, missed that one completely and it's about $100 cheaper... and
someone recommended Grizzly earlier, too!

Oh well...

Carla

"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his
work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his
education and his recreation. *He hardly knows which is which. *He
simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing,
and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. *To
himself, he always appears to be doing both." ~ Fran ois-Ren de
Chateaubriand

On 11/26/2012 12:05 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:28:28 -0800
Carla Fong wrote:

snip
We evaluated our mechanical requirements and space available and figured
the 30" machine would be overkill ...

Baileigh Industrial seems to be the only company offering a machine
smaller than 30" - they have a little 12 incher for about $400 (they are
very proud of their iron - and their reputation) that will be a good
entry point for us - and we can always up-size later to a wider machine
if needed...
snip

A bit late I'm afraid...

http://www.grizzly.com/products/12-S...Machine/T21320

If nothing else, Grizzly usually has a nice manual and parts list you
can download.

What you missed what that going with a Chinese 3 in 1 machine is a
poor choice compared to buying quality used US equipment like quality
Pexto and Diacro- Hide quoted text -

I would have to agree.

In all seriousness, I would start watching for Diacro equipment...it
will take some time unless you want to pay the Ebay rates but it is
well worth the hunt.

TMT