Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:42:01 -0000, SteveW wrote:

On 27/11/2012 13:06, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:07:47 -0000, Mark
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 23:24:39 -0000, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

If I'm in a foul mood and I forget my £1 coin, I go back to the car,
grab a
huge pile of coppers, and go and change them in the supermarket.

Reminds me of my last attempt to shop at Morrisons. I had only cards
and no cash at all so went into the shop to ask how I could get a
trolley. They suggested buying something with a card and getting
cashback, then buying something with the cash to get the change and
then going to get the trolley to do the rest of my shop.

Needless to say I've never been back there.

I would have lost my temper with someone who suggested such a longwinded
method.

Couldn't they just give you a quid off your card? If it was a debit
card it's just a cash withdrawal. If it was a credit card they might
have wanted to charge you a small fee for the bank.

Maybe I look trustworthy, but on a couple of occassions, the
supermarkets have lent me a pound coin, trusting me to take it back
afterwards. The local swimming baths has done the same for the lockers..

If I was them I wouldn't trust anyone (not to forget).

I must try that and see if I look trustworthy.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks of captivity, they can train humans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them fish?