Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K[_2_] Harry K[_2_] is offline

Default Texas 85 mph - Don't work well with ... snow?

On Nov 26, 11:06*pm, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-26-2012 13:56, Harry K wrote:

Why don't you read your car's manual and see what _it_ says about it.

Got rid of my car 27 months ago. *Pedal power only now.

So borrow your neighbors or are you afraid to check it out?

You are advocating trusting a device to modulate your engine power that ony

I am not advocating trusting a device.

I am stating not my hypothesis about USING a tool and the fact that
several experiments confirmed it as useful for that purpose.

Glad to see you admit it is only your "hypothesis" and BTW even an
hypothesis needs facts. In scientific definitions you don't even have
an hypothesis, only a WAG.

Your "experiments" were not controlled ones and you got the answer
that you were expecting..nay, hoping for. Subjective all.

has "on" and "off" with no sense of what the conditions are or what is
needed.

It had a sense of what it was designed to control--the speed of the
wheels. *It did not have only "on or off"--it could and did hold a
steady wheel speed anywhere from about 300 to 900 RPM.

Exactly what I said, on or off with no modulation due to conditions.
All it knows is wheel speed and it will maintain that up until
something stops the engine or exceeds the engine power to
do so.

If you are so certain of your results, publish a paper somewhere it
will be seen by he expertrs. They should be advised so they can
change their advice.

And it gave me
the freedom to adjust, discontinue, or override whenever my sense of
everything else suggested I should.

My point exactly, stated differently - you did notice you have to
_override_ the system you have controlling you vehicle when conditions
call for it? That is one of the reasons the experts say "don't use it
in bad conditions" - it adds time to the 'reaction cycle" by
requireing a least ond control
operation not needded if the CC is not active.

So far all you have produced to back up your "theory" is "I believe
that..." type of stuff, nor cites, not even very good logic.

I'll take the word of experts over one persons personal opinion.

Harry K