Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Nov 27, 3:42*pm, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,

*charles wrote:
In article ,
* *whisky-dave wrote:

yes I do actually in fact I've plotted such results for an experiment we
were going to run in the lab years ago, although this was for a standard
'house' light bulb *rather than a halogen of car headlamp bulb. So for me
it's not a sudden inrush of amps as I'd fully expect it.

with what did you measure the current? an analogue meter wouldn't register
fast enough - nor would many digital ones. *You'd need a "peak hold" meter.

How about a storage scope? Does anyone make stuff like that these days?

Perhaps not what you think of as a "storage scope" but it's getting
more difficult to buy a new 'scope that doesn't have storage.

MBQ