Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Texas 85 mph - Don't work well with fog

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:08:36 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Nov 26, 4:53Â*am, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-25-2012 23:19, Harry K wrote:

On Nov 24, 12:01 pm, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-24-2012 10:38, Pete C. wrote:

And if you are in a place that is far from the next exit, get as far off
the road as possible, turn off your lights so other vehicles don't
follow your tail lights thinking that's where the road is, and get out
of your vehicle and further away, preferably beyond guardrails or other
barriers.

OK for fog; not OK for blizzard.

Why so? Â*You are just as likely to get smashed in low visibility in a
blizzard as in a fog..
Of course plow berms, etc may prevent getting off the road.

What are you _more_ likely to get in a blizzard if you get away from
your vehicle?

--
Wes Groleau

Â* Â* €œThere ain't nothin' in this world that's worth being a snot over.€
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* €” Larry Wall

WTF is sthat supposed to mean? Care to put it in a form that has some
logic? And why is it necessary to 'get away from my vehicle" if I am
well off the roadway?

I am repeating the same information you can find from professionals
both instructors, and, ye, even cops.

Harry K

Around here you are always told to STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE. If the
vehicle gets hit you stand a chance. If you get hit outside the
vehicle, you are DEAD. If you get lost in the blizzard, you are DEAD.

Stay in the car. Run the car occaisionally to provide some heat to
prevent freezing to death. Keap the exhaust clear to avoid gassing
yourself to death.