Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Our monarch 10ee relay drops out 1 minute after puching the control ON button

On 2012-11-26, tmackinator wrote:
Our monarch 10ee relay drops out 1 minute after puching the control ON button.
Any suggestions on what to look at?-TM

Which 10EE? There are at least three types, maybe four.

The first three with the same DC spindle motor

1) The old motor-generator style.

2) The type with tube electronics.

3) The type with sold-state electronics

The next one a factory retrofit

4) Three phase spindle motor with VFD controlling the spindle
motor.

I suspect that yours is (2) above -- and perhaps a burnt out
tube results in an unbalanced current draw, and triggers an overcurrent
as soon as the remaining tube filaments heat up. (Or, there could be a
thermal delay relay which waits until the filaments are expected to heat
up, and then switches on the DC power -- which could trip an overcurrent
sensor if there is a bad tube.

But it could be in any of them -- just less likely for me to
think of what is the probable mechanism.

More information likely from people who actually own such
machines. I just wish that I owned one. :-)

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564