Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 22:44:26 -0000, SteveW wrote:

On 26/11/2012 20:54, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 20:38:31 -0000, SteveW
wrote:

On 26/11/2012 11:46, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:04:27 -0000, Huge

On 2012-11-26, Dave Liquorice wrote:

+1

The Aldi here is fine. Apart from remembering the ****ing pound coin
for the trolley.

A 20 cents (Euro) works fine and as you can't spend it here, you don't
find that you're suddenly without. At only 20c, you can keep a few
spares in the car, just in case you lose one too.

Spending it isn't the problem, remembering to take it from the car is..
I always walk from the car to the shop twice. I always pay with a
credit or debit card, I don't carry cash.

I make extra efforts to get change, but if I don't use it to pay for
something from a machine (vending or parking), my wife always needs
change for school things, so the 20c are the only coins I manage to hang
on to!

If I'm in a foul mood and I forget my £1 coin, I go back to the car, grab a huge pile of coppers, and go and change them in the supermarket.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Heaven forbid that we allow men and women to become heroes.
Too many regulations exist to keep cowards from being embarrassed.
"Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once." -- Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare.