Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:51:52 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
The Other Mike wrote:
They shouldn't need to, all new cars have to have a warning when a bulb
fails.
Like most warning lights in cars people ignore them.

1) Vehicles don't have bulbs unless they have been used to transport a
purchase made at a garden centre

You a theatre sparks? ;-)

No

2) Most vehicles on the road are not new vehicles

My 30 year old Rover has a bulb (sic) failure warning unit.

Surely It'd be better with a 'random electric fault lamp' ...that was
permanently unlit to indicate a fault

Or had they fixed things by then? I only ever travelled in or had any contact
with a very early SD1 (it looked fantastic, and when running properly it went
like stink but was a unreliable bag of ****e in 1979 with squeaky trim, dodgy
electrics and a damp interior)

Actually I went in a 2300 a few years later, in what turned out to be the
slowest journey I've ever taken on a UK motorway, not because of the traffic, or
the car, but the driver was a skinflint who drove everywhere guided by his
add-on vacuum gauge.

The only more unreliable car I knew than that SD1 was a mate with a Range Rover.
He was spending a 500 -100 quid a month on fixing things. Finally sold it
before he ended up with a divorce and the new buyer found it near perfect...