Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On 26/11/2012 20:51, John Williamson wrote:
SteveW wrote:
On 26/11/2012 11:46, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:04:27 -0000, Huge

On 2012-11-26, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 00:06:01 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

At the Aldi here you have to type your reg number into a terminal
near
the tills, otherwise you get charged regardless of how long you
stay.

That would cause me not to shop at Aldi.

Would be a major put off for me as well.

+1

The Aldi here is fine. Apart from remembering the ****ing pound coin
for the trolley.

A 20 cents (Euro) works fine and as you can't spend it here, you don't
find that you're suddenly without. At only 20c, you can keep a few
spares in the car, just in case you lose one too.

Or you can get a keyring with a token of the right size in it from some
shops here, and any big supermarket in France. They cost just a bit more
than a Euro each, but you're guaranteed to have it with you, if it's on
your car key ring.

I've had those and each time the catch has broken and I've ended up
losing the token. 20c pieces are abundant in my change jar.

SteveW