Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

dennis@home wrote:
On 26/11/2012 18:23, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:18:26 -0000, ARW
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:57:58 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:
On 26/11/2012 00:10, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:23:20 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 25/11/2012 13:54, Bill wrote:
In message , fred
writes

Static ones are certainly illuminated with IR floods
and you get the plate lighting up with the on axis
reflection, just like cats eyes. Don't know about the
mobile ones but it would be a bit of an omission if
they didn't have them too.

I recently fitted an ANPR camera for a customer,
attached to their CCTV system. They are amazing, even
in bright sunlight there is next to no image. As you say
they
have IR illumination and this is reflected back from
the number plate. The effect is outstanding, the filter in
front
of the camera basically only allows the IR frequency of
light through and the number plate shows perfectly, day or
night. The mobile ones do appear to have IR
illuminators too.

Its done to make sure the idiots that fit reflective
coatings on plates and other such junk get caught.

What's idiotic about avoiding the ****ing GATSOs?

Being idiotic enough to think they work!
Looks like you do.

How would people know they don't work?

And for your information I don't. I use a satnav so I slow down
before the gatso.

dennis will soon tell you that you should not have to slow down
for a GATSO
and that he believes that ALL vehicles should be linked via GPS
to limit their top speed to exactly the maximum allowed.

George Orwell, 1984.

He is talking crap.
I said it would record the event so the speeder could be fined and
disqualified.
There is no need for it to limit.

Obsession with speed noted again.

I'm all for getting a lot of the drivers off the road.

Which ones? Everyone but you?

--
Adam