Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Edge Joining Plywood

"HerHusband" wrote:

We have just under two acres in Camas, Washington. We bought the
property
back in 1991, and lived in a single wide mobile home until 2004.
Once we
finished the house, we sold the mobile and moved it off the
property.

We love the area but it has really grown up in the last 10 years.
What was
mostly beautiful forest is now littered with million dollar gated
McMansions. It is still relatively peaceful, but I miss the wildlife
and
privacy we used to have up here. Such is progess...

Other than having the personal satisfaction of knowing every piece
that went into the construction a home that was designed and built
to meet your every specification which has a value that can't be
priced, a couple of questions:

1) Would you do it again?

2) If you spent the same amount of time at your profession earning
an income and hiring all the subcontractors rather than do the work
yourselves, would it have cost you more than doing it yourselves?

Just curious.

Lew

Who built a boat rather than a house.