Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Help selecting a 3-in-1 sheet metal machine - Followup

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:13:42 -0500, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:28:28 -0800, Carla Fong
wrote:

Thanks to all the respondents.

We now know that most of these probably are of the same parentage...

FWIW, aside from obvious labeling and painting-to-suit-the-customer it's
common for the basic designs to be the same in China, but produced in
different factories, with different tooling and different quality
control. I don't know how this situation came about, some day I'll
bother to find out.

I think that they don't just shamelessly copy from US designs -- they
shamelessly copy from _anyone_.

(Actually, I think that the whole concept of "copyright", which was
pretty much invented wholesale in northern Europe at the advent of the
printing press, just never made it to the far east).

http://www.wescottdesign.com