Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Help selecting a 3-in-1 sheet metal machine

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:28:17 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

? The 3-in-1 machines have movable bend fingers in various sizes that
you can remove, rearrange, or gap as needed. I have the HF 3-in-1 and
while I don't do a lot of sheet metal work, it has done what I've asked
it to do.

I have a little luggable HF 12" one (no longer sold) and have been
able to bend prototype aluminum boxes with flanges. They're pretty
handy to have around, but I've never tried to tax the capacity- 1.5mm
or so aluminum is about the thickest. They're nice for shearing PCBs
and other insulating material too. It helps to take them apart and
clean them and adjust the blade alignment, which may have shifted on
the boat etc. from Anhui province. Mine had some Chinese newspaper
shims.