Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default battery charger, jump starter, tyre pump.....recommendations please.

"mark" wrote in message
o.uk...
I am looking for one of those all in one: charger, starter, tyre pump
thingies.
I don't know the proper name.

Recommendations please.

IIRC most of these only have puny batteries and so aren't much good for jump
starting vehicles.
If you look at the size of them compared to a normal automotive battery you
can see that they can't have a very large battery inside.
If you are looking for a proper jump starter then look for one that garages
or the AA/RAC use every day - however I think that the price might scare you
:-)
Generally these don't come with a tyre pump included.
Better perhaps to get a proper battery, a charger to keep it topped up, and
a stand alone tyre pump.
You can use a cigar lighter socket to drive the pump off the battery if you
want.
Nowhere near as cheap as the 'all in one' solutions you see at Hafords but
then they will probably do the job.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]