Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:12:22 -0000, ARW wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:29:52 -0000, Dave Liquorice
wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:45:22 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

The parking co. quickly accepted a copy of my hotel bill and
dropped their over stay parking charge.

Why didn't you just tell them to get ****ed?

That's what I did but politely. If they had persued it I'd have
happily gone to court and got costs etc...

It was my understanding you can just ignore them and not pay, you
don't even have to reply to them.

You can. It is sometimes easier to just write a nice polite letter. I would
imagine if such a matter ended in court and it was shown that your first
line of defence was a letter to the car parking company telling them to get
****ed then you may not get your full costs awarded.

As far as I know, they aren't allowed to fine you anyway? So just ignoring them completely should work fine.

When the ex gf was reported for letting her dog foul the pavement it was
much more fun to send a nice polite letter explaining that she did not have
a dog and that she totally agreed with the councils views on dog fouling as
she had a young child who she would not want to step in dog ****.

I was banned from a running club after I was seen running along with my dog and tripping everyone up. I also have no dog, only parrots. I showed the owner photos of my parrots and asked if it was one of these? He sent me a photo of a man twice my age wearing the same number as me, running with a little dog.. When I pointed out the number had last year's date in the corner, I got a big apology and free entries.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The 2 most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.