Dave Hinz

Default Running a 220 receptacle to garage

On Tue, 04 May 2004 12:59:19 -0700, Rick Nelson wrote:

I'm not second guessing your skills, but what if a fire occured and the
fire chief determined it was due to the wiring? Wouldn't the insurance
company send an inspector out to look at the wiring and possibly ask for
some documentation proving that the wiring was certified within code?

Yes - every fire I've responded to that involved an insurance loss has
resulted in the insurance company's fire investigator, in addition to
usually the state fire martial if the fire involves "enough" damage
and/or a fatality. These guys are motivated to find out that there
is someone else who has to pay for the damage, be it the builder, or
the owner for doing something dangerous, etc.

Dave Hinz
(firefighter/EMT)