Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

"harry" wrote in message
On Nov 25, 2:03 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
Yes, I know I've had a bitch on here before about DIY headlight repairs,
but
I swear it's getting worse year on year. Since the evenings have got dark
again, I've been blinded from the front and dazzled from the rear so many
times that I've lost count. This is either because headlight bulbs have
been
fitted incorrectly, or the cretins behind the wheel don't know what the
blue
light on the dash means ...

On top of this, on more than one occasion, I've almost run into the back
of
a motorbike that's turned out to be a car with the offside tail light
out.

Today, I had to drive to another town some thirty miles away, and for
most
of the time it was more or less foggy. At least one in three cars was not
showing any lights. I think I saw about two that were actually using
their
rear fog lights. Funny how drivers always manage to find the tiresome
things
on a dark wet night when they are guaranteed to dazzle you, but never
have
them on when it's full daylight and thick fog !

Anyway, on the return trip, as I passed the main county police
headquarters,
a law car pulled out behind me. It had one headlight pointing into the
ditch, and the other up into my rearview mirror. If it's now reached the
point where even the coppers can't keep their own vehicles legal, we
might
as well all give up ...

DIY headlight bulb replacement should be banned. You ought to have to
take
your car to approved garages where there is someone trained and certified
change the wretched things correctly :-(

Rant over ...

Arfa

The problem is not the replacing of bulbs.
It is the soft suspension of modern cars neccesitating headlight
adjusters that work from the dashboard which some people don't bother
with.

Headlights that are a bit high - maybe. Headlights straight in my face or
right in my mirror - moron behind the wheel who doesn't know what a blue
warning indicator means. One headlight in the ditch and one pointing at the
moon - wrongly fitted bulbs. By far the vast majority of cases fall into the
latter two categories, and the problem with the second of those two most
definitely *is* in the replacing of the bulbs ...

Arfa