Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

In message , fred writes
In article , D.M.Chapman dmc@puffin.?
writes
In article ,
Graham. wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:38:19 +0000, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

Halfords change them for free.

You mean optional fitting is included in the inflated price they
charge.

When I picked one up in there on Saturday evening (stress purchase, spare
was duff and I hate driving SWMBOs car at the best of times, let alone with
a headlight out) they wanted 7 quid to change the bulb for me.

Yep, that's my indirect experience too, rellie bought 8quid headlamp
bulb (an H4 ffs!) and was offered an option to fit for another 8quid or
so which was declined.

Had to replace the rear light cluster a while back. I ended up showing
the ford garage apprentice how to do it

--
Geoff