Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

In article , SteveW
writes
On 25/11/2012 22:20, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:33:48 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Took the kids to LegoLand (Windsor) this summer. One day, there was an
ANPR inside the entrance logging everyone. I thought that was bloody
off.

Many car parks now have ANPR cameras on entrance and exit. Stay more than
the X free hours allowed and they send the registered keeper a parking
notice.

Have a closer look at the signage at any of your large supermarkets...
Saves the contracted parking company having to pay a man to walk around
with a note book and it'll get *every one* who overstays.

I worked with a woman who dropped someone off in the morning and dropped
back in in the evening to go to the shops, only for her initial
departure and second entry to be missed by the system, which decided
that she'd stayed all day and tried to charge her. The fact that our
workplace had a permanent on-site police presence and that they'd logged
her car as being in the company car park all day rather dented their
enthusiasm to persue the matter!

There's a Lidl I visit occasionally that has ANPR recording and when I
can be bothered I make sure I am slow enough to be recorded on entry but
have been obscuring my rear plate on exit.

They haven't bitten yet so I'm guessing I need to make a second visit
later in the day, reversing the obscuring to waste some of their time
and money.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .