Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 17:26:59 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

The was the driver round here, a few years ago, who was prosecuted for:
1. Not displaying obligatory front lights
2. Not displaying obligatory rear lights
3. not dilluminating his rear number plate.

The result was sufficient points for him to lose his licence. I think he
must have annoyed the police who stopped him.

I recall an account in the local rag where I grew up of a bloke who'd
had his car gone over and the book thoroughly thrown at him for every
little thing they could find. Even at the time, aged 17, I recognised
a ****** who'd cheeked the coppers.
It was something I bore in mind - most coppers are reasonable people,
but if you take the **** they'll take it back.