Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Texas 85 mph - Don't work well with ... snow?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 01:58:53 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 11-24-2012 21:54, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
In my case, what momentarily confused me was that I was not
trying to drive faster. In fact, I was paying close attention to
not varying the power at all (to avoid loosing traction).

If you have room, i.e., not a lot of traffic, front-wheel drive and
cruise control is great.

If the drive wheels begin to slip, CC keeps them going at a speed
consistent with the car's speed, so that as soon as the road gets a
little less slippery, they grip again.

Pardon?????
Cruise control on a slippery surface? You've got a death wish, buddy.
Read ANY operators manual - they expressly warn AGAINST using cruise
on a slippery surface. Even with traction control, the Mystique warned
against it - and that was ALL SPEED traction control - front drive.

Even worse if you happen to have a trac-loc front diff.

But fog and traction aren't related.