Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT combination safe and tumblers

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 16:42:56 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 17:45:51 -0500, micky
wrote:

OT In the movies, safe-crackers are always listening to the tumblers
in the bank vault door. Sometimes they use a stethoscope.

Does that really work?

Depends.

I've opened a floor safe with a second person. I used a pool stick for
the stethoscope. We had permission from the owner as he never even
knew how to open it.

We were young teens. He allowed us to store our slot-cars in it.

Well, to you and 'ormin, it seems like a mistake to make a safe one
can get into by listening, when it's possible and not expensive, it
sure seems, to make on where listening doesn't help. I don't get it.