Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Computer questions

"Steve W." wrote:

It won't let me install .net updates without the current version of
IE. All the computers at a local business need .net to run Quickbooks.
Also, some updates were corrupt, but claimed to install OK. That caused
problems installing other updates. Until those were fixed, over 70
other updates weren't offered. I had to remove .net from one computer
and reinstall it because of a corrupt update. Then I had to reinstall
the updates it affected. It took six hours to download and install
everything, but their XP Pro was finally up to date.

Hmm. Never seen that. .net seems to update just fine. I wonder if it
isn't something to do with QB causing the problem?

No, I found the information on the Microsoft support website. A bad
update was loaded to their servers, and later replaced with the files
fixed. They had updated three computers that day, and all three had the
same problems. Only two were confgured for Quickbooks.