Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New regs to make furnace replacement more expensive

On 11/25/2012 6:48 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I do remember you menton her. Sounds like that furnace has been brought back
from destruction several times. She should start budgeting for replacement.

My parents cellar floods every now and again. It hasn't flooded since I
bought a sump pump and 75 foot of discharghe hose from Harbor Freight.

I also do odd jobs for folks, they know I can fix things, and won't cheat
them out of a lot of money.

That darn Honeywell Smart Gas Valve has the electronics in it for the
hot surface igniter, flame sensor, pilot and main gas valve control.
It's an expensive gas valve. Most places sell them for $230-$250 but
my buddy at the supply house let me have one for a total of $165.00.
I gave it to the old gal at cost. I can't imagine what the shinny new
truck service company would charge her for it. The next day, me and JH
were in Columbus, Mississippi installing a couple of 42" data displays
in a large retail store. Each one took two Cat 6 cable runs back to the
data rack in the office where we hooked them up and got them going.
Monday, I have to go to another retail store and extend a T1 demarc for
a new VPN connection. I'll have to do some ladder climbing and that's
going to hurt like hell. O_o

TDD