Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Texas 85 mph - Don't work well with ... snow?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 01:58:53 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 11-24-2012 21:54, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
In my case, what momentarily confused me was that I was not
trying to drive faster. In fact, I was paying close attention to
not varying the power at all (to avoid loosing traction).

If you have room, i.e., not a lot of traffic, front-wheel drive and
cruise control is great.

If the drive wheels begin to slip, CC keeps them going at a speed
consistent with the car's speed, so that as soon as the road gets a
little less slippery, they grip again.

But fog and traction aren't related.

Maybe on older cars, but not on new ones with traction control or
Electronic Stability Control. As soon as the computer senses a slip
of a wheel, it cuts of the CC.

Besides, CC keeps the wheel going at a speed consistent with what the
care "should" be traveling at so if it slows down due to slippage it
is going to provide more power so it slips even more.