Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Texas 85 mph - Don't work well with fog

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 09:57:44 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Nov 23, 8:58*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 17:08:22 -0600, wrote:

A good driver will pull on the shoulder and park when the fog gets as
bad as it did in Texas. *I'd rather lose a few hours, than get killed or
my car wrecked. *Then again, when the fog is that bad, I avoid getting
on a freeway, or get off the nearest ramp when it begins. *Some drivers
have no brains.

Only stupid drivers would park on the side of the road and become a
target. *Smart drivers will take the exit ramp and get to a safe
place.

Smart drivers, if the conditions permit, will be off, way off, on the
berms and not wait for an exit.

Harry K

Assuming there are berms. In many places, there is but a normal width
shoulder, a very dangerous place to stop in good weather, let alone in
fog. If no place to hide, I'm getting off.