Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Waterlox vs. Parks Tung Oil

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 17:33:35 +0000, Pacific Pintos
wrote:

We have some old clear redwood that was finished 30 plus years ago with
Parks brand Tung Oil. It is dry and I would like to rejuvenate it, but I
am not looking for a high gloss finish, just a light shine.

I have never used the Parks product, but we still have a very old can of
it around. My husband did the original finish in the living room with
Parks.

My expereience has been using Waterlox and I am comfortable using it. I
have their Satin finish available.

Could anyone give me a rundown of both these products, and also advise
if using the old can of Parks is a good idea? I assume I will have to
strain it and possibly add thinner to it.

30 year old can of finish? Forget it. I'd surely use the Waterlox.
Their satin is my favorite finish, too.

--
Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why
good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a