Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Computer questions

Jon Elson wrote:

Steve W. wrote:

Thunderbird has a good newsreader in it. BUT the newer versions are
somewhat of a PIA.
You can find the older versions on www.oldversion.com personally I
stopped at version 2 but version 3 isn't hard to alter to be usable.

Thunderbird has problems with really large newsgroups (my newsserver
keeps over a decade of old messages on these groups) and limiting
the history didn't seem to work. So, I now use knode on Linux,
but I'm pretty sure they also have a Windows version. It is
lightning quick, and the historical horizon does work.

I use Giganews as well, and one newsgroup had over a million messages
since 2003. I had to download the headers in groups of 10,000 with
Netscape 4.80, but got them all.