Pacific Pintos Pacific Pintos is offline
Junior Member

Location: Northern California
Arrow Waterlox vs. Parks Tung Oil

We have some old clear redwood that was finished 30 plus years ago with Parks brand Tung Oil. It is dry and I would like to rejuvenate it, but I am not looking for a high gloss finish, just a light shine.

I have never used the Parks product, but we still have a very old can of it around. My husband did the original finish in the living room with Parks.

My expereience has been using Waterlox and I am comfortable using it. I have their Satin finish available.

Could anyone give me a rundown of both these products, and also advise if using the old can of Parks is a good idea? I assume I will have to strain it and possibly add thinner to it.

Thank you.