Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] krw@att.bizzz is offline

Default More on Texas' 85-mph speed limit

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:09:02 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 08:38:01 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Nov 20, 7:53*am, wrote:

He is saying the saved time may be worth more than the cost of the
extra energy you use. I can make the same argument about a hand saw vs
a skill saw but if your time is worthless, use a hand saw.

He aslo forgets that those few minutes saved canot be put to any
useful purpose (as far as actually earning any money). I used to
argue that with an idiot at work. He could save a couple minutes
easch trip by speeding. I asked just where he is banking those few
minutes until they added up to a useful amount of time. No answer.

Harry K

It really depends on how far the trip is then doesn't it. This is
Texas, not Connecticut. Towns can easily be 80-90 miles apart.

Even here in SW Florida, I had lots of calls that were 30 miles or
more apart. If you spend more time driving than actually talking to
the customer in your day, an increase in speed means you can talk to
more customers.

Or you're driving 1000 miles. At 85MPH, it's a one day trip but too
long at 70, so costs a hotel room and meals (and two days vacation).
The national 55MPH speed limit was a _real_ drag.