Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 10-32 Roll Form Tapping RPM

I just happen to have some 10/32 roll form taps I use for molds. I put a
drop of Tap Magic on them, and set my mini drill press at its slowest
pulley speed. It works great with my tapping head at slow speed. I have
never used my tapping head for steel. Usually when I have to tap steel its
something I can't fit on the table of the drill press. LOL. Also, my
tapping head is not rated for higher speeds either. I would have to go look
for the manual, but I think its rated for less than 1000 rpm.