Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Gas Cans

Per Steve B:
I have been finding some very good metal cans, including Safety Cans, and US
Military Jerry cans at yard sales. I have just about replaced every crappy
plastic one. I got a nice 2 gallon red one the other day that has the cap
and rubber pour spout with insert, and nice paint for $1. Got two military
ones for $5 WITH flexible spouts. No rust.

I fell out of love with steel cans after a 1-gallon can of lawn
mower gas rusted out around the bottom seam - allowing gasoline
to leak out over the floor.

It also validated my practice of always having a separate
building for combustibles and toxics.
--
Pete Cresswell