Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default Wire spoke wheel size, plus....

Hi Brian,

Brian Lawson Inscribed thus:

Hey Baron,

Certainly it does help !

This is a Wills "FINECAST" kit, made in England, and they have
provided "notches" for 18 spokes per side, so a total of 36 per
wheel, which seems reasonable for a wheel this size, but I wouldn't
know the proper count. It is a model of a 1934 Morgan, and it's not
mine. The owner appears to have made an attempt that looks not to
have gone very well, but he didn't mention that to me. I kinda
figured that the prototype spokes would be somewhere in the 3/16 to
1/4 range, so thanks for a confirmation.

Take care, and thanks again.

Brian Lawson

Your comment make me wonder if there were variations in wheels, sizes
and spoke numbers, across the various models. Some were built for hill
climb events and I'm sure would be different.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.