Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Snow Chains

On Nov 20, 8:11*pm, polygonum wrote:
I live in a very hilly area - and, though we live off a decent quality
tarmac road, we can get effectively cut off quite easily. Year before
last (IIRC) we were unable to drive out for about three days. The level
roads were mostly passable but the slopes were impossible. So, in my
deep ignorance of these matters, I have been contemplating getting some
snow chains.

Really only think I might need them for extremely local use so certainly
not worth spending very much. Hence Lidl's latest has appeal:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_36482.htm

Am I barking thinking they might help in changing the drive from
impossible to manageable?

--
Rod

The alternative is ti nip down the scrappy and get a couple of spare
wheels and fit some really knobbly mud and snow tyres.

Chains can bugger your tires up if you drive on the highway. Haven't
seen any for sale for years anyway.
Or buy a Subaru.