Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K[_2_] Harry K[_2_] is offline

Default More on Texas' 85-mph speed limit

On Nov 20, 9:46*am, G. Morgan wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
"Perhaps by 2030 we'll be able to lawfully drive as fast as we should have
been allowed to drive back in 1990. But don't count on it. There's too much
revenue at stake."

I live in Houston and 85 MPH is normal even on the regular freeways (if
they are not jammed up). *I'll be on beltway-8 often and just keep up
with traffic, glace down at the speedo and see I'm going 80+ quite
often. *Cops don't care if you're in a "pack" keeping up with the rest
of traffic. *They just single out the lone driver going over the posted
limit when no one else is around. *Hell, I've passed police cars that
were driving too slow (60 MPH) or so on the beltway.

If you've even taken a "Smith Driving Course", they will tell you that
police vehicles are a safety hazard because everyone slows down suddenly
when they encounter one. *Me, I just go with the rate of flow - it's
safer that way.

Exactly!!

Harry K