Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K[_2_] Harry K[_2_] is offline

Default More on Texas' 85-mph speed limit

On Nov 20, 11:46*am, Vic Smith
wrote:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 08:39:16 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

So you bill your cliant for the amount of time you have available
rather than how long the job takes?

Odd.

I expect a contractor to include his travel time to a job in what he
charges to do the job.
I mean, that's common business sense.
You charge more than your expenses to make a profit.
Time should always be included as an expense.
Thought everybody knew that.
I don't want a guy working for me breaking the law, speeding through
construction zones, school zones, etc.,
I should be paying him enough so he doesn't have to turn to crime.
This speeding stuff might apply to jitney cab drivers and independent
truckers. *Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense when talking about
business.
I worked 4 years at UPS. *Pretty sure they're still successful.
They don't have to speed to do it. *Drivers get fired for speeding.
Now when I drive 1200 miles to vacation in Florida, if I do 80 it's 15
hours of driving. *If I do 70 it's 17 hours.
I relax, and do 70-75. *Others choose 80 as their minimum. *Pretty
safe as far as tickets, but puts them in the left lane tailgating and
being tailgated.
It mostly gets down to safety and a more relaxed drive to me.

I have never gotten an itemized bill listing travel _time_. When I
was building a couple houses there were mileage charges for delivery
of material but that was it. All others were billed as "service call"
which was standard no matter what the mileage was, i.e., customer 5
miles away paid same fee as one 30 miles.

Harry K