Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K[_2_] Harry K[_2_] is offline

Default More on Texas' 85-mph speed limit

On Nov 20, 6:49*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:

For most people who live in places with long drives it is just the
time out of their lives that they want back.
This may not make sense to people in the North East who have never
driven much in the West. They can't even comprehend a place where
towns are 50 miles apart and a whole lot of nothing in between.

Exactly. Most don't realize that Houston is closer to Florida than it is to
El Paso and El Paso is closer to San Diego than it is to Houston. Between
Houston and El Paso, you'll pass through counties that are bigger than some
states.

What this means is that there's a whole lot of nothing out there.

I'm surprised there aren't more private pilots !

??? I suppose if you mean Rhode Island it is possible but I doubt it
applies to more than a coiouple states. When I was dispatching I
discovered that Texas has a very large amount of counties...as in over
300 (I forget the actual number. I also lived in the San Antonio and
San Angelo areas for many years and one didn't drive very many miles
in any direction before crossing a county border - usually marked by a
liquor store when crossing from a dry to a wet county

Harry K