Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More on Texas' 85-mph speed limit

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:10:11 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 19:56:30 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:11:53 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 08:39:16 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

So you bill your cliant for the amount of time you have available
rather than how long the job takes?

Odd.

Harry K

A lot of people can only bill for the time they are actually on the
customer's site and travel time may be capped at a certain amount or
not compensated for at all..

For a service call I bill from the time I leave MY door until the
time I leave THEIR door. So I get paid for hald of the transit time.

For contract time it is time on site.

You can end up pricing yourself out of that contract tho if the next
guy drives faster and charges less.

For most people who live in places with long drives it is just the
time out of their lives that they want back.
This may not make sense to people in the North East who have never
driven much in the West. They can't even comprehend a place where
towns are 50 miles apart and a whole lot of nothing in between.

You missed it. CONTRACT is time on site. SERVICE CALL is door to
door. When something goes south, they want it done NOW - and they
expect to pay more. I charge the same rate, but they pay my travel
time. No complaints so far.

I likely don't charge ENOUGH, but I make a living.