Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wire spoke wheel size, plus....

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 22:31:40 +0000, Baron
wrote:

Brian Lawson Inscribed thus:

Anyway, I thought maybe straight pins as used by tailors and
seamstresses might work, nice and stiff, cut to length from hub to rim
and applied individually, but they are .025" thick, which would work
out to be almost a 1/2" thick on the original wheels. So, I'm looking
first for the actual known diameter of the spokes

Its many years since I had a Morgan ! From memory the spokes were a tad
over 3/16" and were chromed. You mentioned 18 spokes, I seem to recall
there were 24.

of the prototype
wire wheels just in case that would be OK, but secondly for something
"stiff" and bright like a straight-pin, but closer to 10 or 12 thou
thick. Antibody got any ideas or suggestions???m,

Thanks.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Brian, I don't have any info for you, but your thread reminds me of
the car I cut my wrenchin' teeth on, Dad's old Austin Healy 100-4. I
tuned his spoked wheels as my first automotive task, then helped him
tune the engine up (mostly watching) for the next weekend's autocross
or gymkhana. Fond old memories. I think I was 7.

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that