Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Browser

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:23:56 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:28:29 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Steve B wrote:
I keep getting nagged that my browser is going to be outdated soon, and I
should update. So, I clicked Google Chrome. It took a long time to
download, but did not install. Now, I think I might have made a mistake,
not being too fond of Google, and some of their antics.

Is it too late to uninstall Google Chrome, and say, install Firefox?

Or something else?

Not familiar with this, just want to turn computer on, and go. Don't need
nor want to understand it deeply.

Steve

Wait till you see the new IE included in Win8... Talk about a POS...

ANYONE who plans on needing a machine for work or for gaming with
anything other than XBox games may want to hit a store NOW and get
either new hardware with Win 7 OR a newer machine with XP on it.

Win 8 SUCKS. BIG TIME. I have been setting up a laptop for a friend
and so far I REALLY want to use this thing for target practice !!

Bootleg copies of XP are everywhere and they will do updates nicely.

After reading the complaints about Vista, 7 and 8, I think Ill simply
stick with XP Pro.

I think XP was the best Windows out there. The only reason I'm on a
Win7 box now is that I bought a new box with Vista on it (Run Away!
Run Away!) and the upgrade to Win7 Pro was free. I'll probably get my
old XP box running again, add some memory, and keep it until they stop
updates for vulnerabilities.

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that