Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default simple one-shot pulse detector circuit needed

Tom Del Rosso wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
? Jim Thompson wrote:
? ?
? ? Some of us, often referred to as the "evil rich", EMPLOY paisanos
? ? who fail to close the gate.
? ?
? ? I know what to do... fire 'em all ;-)
?
?
? Replace them with an electric gate closer. I still see lots of
? those 24 V satellite motors around. All you need are two wires to
? the motor, a 24V 5A supply ? a reversing switch.

Jim said 'yard gate' and a motor is more suited for a driveway gate.

For the sensor I'd say light beam interruption over a 1-inch gap into which
a little tab enters.

To close it automatically the hinge can be easily modified to use gravity,
with a magnet to pull it the last centimeter hard enough to engage a latch.

Just put a shim between the upper hinge and the post, and mortise it more
deeply into the gate. The magnet might not be needed.

I was considering his austic grandson. He couldn't open that type of
gate by himself.