Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Browser

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 05:18:32 -0600, Ignoramus28180

On 2012-11-20, Steve B wrote:
I keep getting nagged that my browser is going to be outdated soon, and I
should update. So, I clicked Google Chrome. It took a long time to
download, but did not install. Now, I think I might have made a mistake,
not being too fond of Google, and some of their antics.

Is it too late to uninstall Google Chrome, and say, install Firefox?

Or something else?

Not familiar with this, just want to turn computer on, and go. Don't need
nor want to understand it deeply.

You can uninstall it, it is never too late. I use Chrome 95% of the
time.

I didn't like the way Chrome kept doing things in the background on my
Win7 box after I'd told it not to. It felt like a gaping back door
directly into my data, a feeling I didn't much like. Chrome was gone
from my box within 4 hours of installation.

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that