Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hostess, union agree to mediation at judge's urging

On Nov 19, 11:52*am, "Steve B" wrote:
You moron, the Twinkie is not dead.

It is truly amazing, and disheartening just how stupid the majority of
Americans are. *Starting with the person who started this thread.

The question is poised: *Do we make changes in wages and other benefits so
we can keep 18,000 people working, or do we shut the place down?

Obviously, more voted to shut the place down rather than make any
adjustment. *Probably get more in unemployment and food stamps and all than
they did working, and they get to sleep in.

So, what's going to happen? *The obvious.

The owners of the Twinkie recipe will license smaller shops to make the same
product, some of them overseas. *They will not have to pay union wages and
benefits. *They can spread them around to take advantage of shipping
logistics.

Enjoy that time off, all youse guys. *And remember, you can't buy liquor
with food stamps.

Steve

http://news.yahoo.com/hostess-liquid...9--sector.html

Hostess faces several objections to its liquidation plan.

"The U.S. Trustee, an agent of the U.S. Department of Justice who
oversees bankruptcy cases, said in court documents it is opposed to
the wind-down plan because Hostess plans improper bonuses to company
insiders."