Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.sheds
Redrawn Buns[_2_] Redrawn Buns[_2_] is offline

Default dab radio with extension speakers (rambling)

Jim S wrote:

When I'm on the computer I listen to radio. Radioplayer through the net is
good, but the quality through my pc speakers (even with subwoofer) is not
the best and football on 5live is not always broadcast on the net for
'legal reasons'.
My best quality sound is from my fm/am hi-fi with extension speakers, but
it's old, sometimes cuts out and does not get 5liveX.

I begrudge getting rid of my big (unpowered) speakers, but I cannot find a
dab radio or even a dab midi setup which uses them. Several dab radios have
earphone jacks, but I have yet to find one that takes 'proper' speakers.

My (discontinued) Pure Evoke3 has separate headphone, SP/DIF and
line-out sockets, could you use the latter to feed an unused input to
your hi-fi?