Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Moron Texas' 85-mph speed limit

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 08:04:05 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Nov 18, 7:10*am, diy savant wrote:
On 11/18/2012 7:28 AM, HeyBub wrote:

and ...

"If it was "safe" and "reasonable" for a 1958 Chevy with drum brakes and
bias-plys [and independent suspension, non-independent rear axle, anti-sway
bars, etc.) to operate at 70, what of a 2013 Chevy with high-performance
four-wheel disc brakes and 17-inch alloy wheels shod with modern radials

The difference is the drivers in 1958 were not busy texting.

No difference, the morons still drive as fast as they would if not
texting, etc.

Harry K

I don't see a problem with 85 or even 95 under the right conditions.
Daylight, dry, relatively straight road with easy curves, good tires
and suspension.

Some drivers though, do stupid things. Just last week I was doing 95
and was about to pass a slower (about 95) car and he changed lanes
with no signal. I just went around him, but he would have made it
safer with a blink of the turn signal so I knew where he would be when
I got to him.