Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default did i kill my 'puter

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:53:26 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

i had a CMOS checksum error on my CNC mill. So, I installed a new
motherboard battery. Now the CPU fan just comes on and it makes no
attempt to boot. Is the computer DOA? I checked connections and
wiggled stuff.

Remove the new battery & short out the socket for a few seconds, then
reinstall the battery. You may have some corrupt data in the CMOS
scratchpad RAM.

There is usually a Bio "clear" pair of terminals that if shorted, will
wipe the bios settings and bring it back to factory default.

Ive never heard of shorting the socket working. Much for me to learn!

Gunner

1. Lie