Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default did i kill my 'puter

On 2012-11-16, Karl Townsend wrote:
i had a CMOS checksum error on my CNC mill. So, I installed a new
motherboard battery. Now the CPU fan just comes on and it makes no
attempt to boot. Is the computer DOA? I checked connections and
wiggled stuff.

You may need to reset the CMOS. Pull the new battery, and short
the pins of the holder for a few seconds, then re-install the battery.
You will probably have to reset all the options after this, of course.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564