Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default ReRAM ??

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:26:06 -0600, flipper wrote:

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 00:21:23 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

In sci.electronics.basics flipper wrote:
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:12:56 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:07:51 -0600, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 22:00:20 +0000, Cydrome Leader wrote:

In sci.electronics.basics Jim Thompson
wrote:
An interesting question came up on the LTspice List this morning
concerning Spice modeling a ReRAM, a resistive element something like a
Memristor, but "different" ;-)

The OP seemed over his head and couldn't quite vocalize how the ReRAM
device behaves.

I tried surfing and ran into the hurdles that any real information is
locked behind the IEEE fiasco.

All other links seemed more like Popular Science reviews than facts.

Anyone know the V-I behavior of these device?

speaking of, can anybody clearly explain a memristor in about 3
sentences or less?

1: It's really cool.
2: It's phenomenal.
3: It's revolutionary.

There -- isn't that easy?

OK, you're going to get all anal retentive and tell me that you didn't
want the manager's overview. Fine. Here's my understanding of a
memristor:

It is a device that acts like a resistor whose resistance is proportional
to the integral of all of the current that has ever flowed through the it.

Oops. That's only one sentence. Sorry.

So the resistance INCREASES and approaches some asymptotic limit?

Well, it does if the current is going ---- thata way. If it's going
----- thisa way it decreases.

The sign matters.

...Jim Thompson

so it truly is as meaningless as it sounds.

You have very little imagination. It makes a very nice non volatile
memory, to name but one use.

Yep. But the stated behavior is quite vague, and my surfing today
indicates that planned roll-out in 2013 has been delayed to at least
"mid-decade" whatever that means.

Sounds like a wet dream that turned out to be **** running down your
leg... sort of like Chris Matthews' "thrill" :-}

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |