Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
rickman rickman is offline

Default ReRAM ??

On 11/15/2012 5:00 PM, Cydrome Leader wrote:
In sci.electronics.basics Jim wrote:
An interesting question came up on the LTspice List this morning
concerning Spice modeling a ReRAM, a resistive element something like
a Memristor, but "different" ;-)

The OP seemed over his head and couldn't quite vocalize how the ReRAM
device behaves.

I tried surfing and ran into the hurdles that any real information is
locked behind the IEEE fiasco.

All other links seemed more like Popular Science reviews than facts.

Anyone know the V-I behavior of these device?

speaking of, can anybody clearly explain a memristor in about 3 sentences
or less?

If you can't get them, does it matter? I'll wait for the spec sheet.

What I want to know on the theory level, is how it is a "fourth" element
of basic electronics that was predicted by theory? I've heard that
claim, but it was never explained in any detail at all.

Rick