Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
John Larkin[_3_] John Larkin[_3_] is offline

Default Toaster, I thought it needed repair

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:20:50 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:15:13 -0500, the renowned "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

amdx wrote:

klem kedidelhopper wrote:

On Nov 14, 8:09 pm, Jamie
t wrote:
amdx wrote:
On 11/14/2012 6:46 PM, Jamie wrote:

amdx wrote:

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...es-demonic-toa...

Mikek

Would love to see that however, it would appear that the "Down Under"
Server can't handle the demand!

Jamie

I don't know why, I just clicked and it worked for me.
Mikek

Don't know what to say, I just tried it again and all I get is the page
with the intro of the movie. I see the woman sitting there looking at
her flaming toaster but when you decide to watch, it just sits there and
spins around "Loading" and nothing is coming in..

Oh well, most likely another tactic of my ISP.

Jamie

Is that what happens when a 120V toaster meets 240V?

If you had read the page you would have seen that it was part of a 28
year old US TV news story about Supermarket Tabloids.

I don't think anyone said otherwise.

Then where was he going to plug the toaster into 240 V?

Just replace the line cord:
http://www.american-appliance.com/ca...gDryerCord.jpg

Nobody likes waiting for toast.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Basic kitchen tools include a hammer, some pliers, and a propane
blowtorch.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation